David Keane (1871-1945)
Born at Ballyagran, Co. Limerick, he was educated at St Coleman's College, Fermoy, St Munchin's College, Limerick and St Patrick's College, Maynooth, where he was ordained in June 1895, the centenary of the foundation of the college.
After ordination he served in the Diocese of Portsmouth before joining the staff of St Munchin's College. After eleven years as President of the College, he was appointed PP Glin in 1920.
On the death of Bishop Hallinan, he was consecrated Bishop
in March 1924. Bishop for twenty-one years, he died on March 13th 1945
and is buried in St John's Cathedral.
by Monsignor John Fleming